The City of Alameda has announced a new program of grants to fund Cultural Arts and Arts Programming. A total of $60,000 will be made available to artists who apply, with four grants of $5,000 and four grants of $10,000. The grants can be used for the performing arts, literary arts, film & video, screenings and installations, arts education, art lectures and presentations, special events, and artist-in-residence programs in the arts.
The grants may cover all materials related to the production of the proposed programming; artistic and administrative personnel salaries, wages, and/or fees; materials related to the rehearsal or necessary rental space; general office supplies related to the project; liability and insurance costs as required; and marketing, promotion and publicity expenses. It does not include the cost of any activities occurring outside of Alameda; social functions, parties, receptions and/or fundraisers; food and beverages; and out-of-state travel.
Although all non-profit arts organizations and public agencies are eligible, local organizations are particularly encouraged to propose, and will receive a point preference as part of the evaluation process.
To apply, download the request for proposal (RFP) from www.alamedaca.gov/culturalartrfp. Learn more by joining the City for a virtual RFP Orientation on Tuesday, May 24, 2022, at 5pm (Zoom login information is included in the RFP).
Proposals for grants are due July 5, 2022
Applications must be submitted through Submittable.com. All cultural arts programming must be free, publicly accessible, and located in the City of Alameda. City Staff and Public Art Commission members will review proposals and make selections.
For more information, please visit www.alamedaca.gov/culturalartrfp or contact Walker Toma, Development Manager, at 510-747-6897 or [email protected].
Learn more about Alameda’s Public Art at AlamedaCA.gov/PublicArt. Previous cultural arts grant awardees include:
- Island City Waterways: Uprooted,, Rhythmix Cultural Works, Back for a third year, the popular, roving art event brings a new chapter of Alameda history to life through music, dance, theater, and storytelling. Tickets are still available, RSVP at the above link.
- Plein Air Paintout, Frank Bette Center.
- Opera in the Park, Island City Opera.
- Lunar New Year Celebration, West Alameda Business Association.
- Second Friday Art Walk, Island Alliance for the Arts.
- Animate Dance Festival, West End Arts and Entertainment District.