Stay safe, Alameda! The National Weather Service has issued a Heat Advisory that will be in effect from Thursday, October 5 at 11:00 a.m. until Friday, Ocober 6 at 11:00 p.m. PDT. Expect high temperatures of 87 to 98 degrees.
What to expect and how to prepare:
- Increased risk of heat-related illnesses.
- Be cautious of elevated fire danger, especially inland and at higher elevations.
- Keep hydrated, stay in AC, avoid the sun.
- Check on family and neighbors.
- Never leave children or pets in hot cars.
- Limit strenuous outdoor activities to cooler hours.
- Know heat exhaustion/stroke signs.
- Wear loose, light clothing.
- Take breaks in shaded or air-conditioned areas for outdoor work.
- In case of heat stroke, call 911.
Stay cool, stay safe! 💧☀️ Check back for more information about the heat advisory in the coming days.